Monday, November 5, 2012

Time Heals, Time Slays!

Night after the mornings, morning after the nights
Time stands still, nothing seems to change
I am simply moving, going nowhere
One moment everything just stops, another goes in a flash
I feel brave, holding on to the happy instant and suddenly it starts slipping away too fast
Some memories feel like a distant dream, some feel like only yesterday
Familiarity alternates with strangeness, and comfort with fear
Hopes get bullied by reality, dreams are thrashed by practicality
I try and fight, I resist and oppose
I crib and whine, I defy and confront

Nothing helps, the tears don't make it go away, the smiles don't work
They say time heals all, yes it does, but it also slays all
 
 
A different person years ago, now I just somehow pull on
Every tug at optimism, every promise of happiness, mocks at me
Putting the little pieces together, I want to solve the puzzle
Then the picture starts to blur, the plans fails, the blocks crumble
Surrounded by people, yet alone
Scared to wake up in the mornings, not ready to face the world
Trapped and caged, unable to gather courage and break free
Running around in circles, caught in a maze, it feels crazy
On a dark and cold night, I seek warmth
Always believing in the power of love, I think of those who swear they care
Foolishly, I look for a hand in darkness, I grab and grope
Standing in the nothingness, I know I have to do this on my own

I am not giving up yet, I am keeping the faith
For how long?
Time will tell...
 

2 comments:

  1. I simple loved this poem, amazing words of expression.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot Priyanka :)
    I am glad you think it is a poem :D ;)

    ReplyDelete